open text

24 November 2006 at 02:39

family background

So how come I'm blogging again now, if it has become such a chore and a bore? Surely I would be better giving up blogging altogether?

No way! Thanks to a Scottish Protestant childhood with German overtones, one thing I learned as a kid is how to keep on doing something I'm not enjoying. How else would I have got where I am today?



I phoned the aunt just now. She couldn't speak because she was in the middle of watching an important quiz on the TV. So I called my mother. She couldn't speak either, she was in the middle of watching Rumpole. After that, she'll be watching Pie In The Sky, followed by a programme about the Queen Mother. But I'm welcome to phone back when it's all over.

We're not a very close family. Thank goodness for that! Otherwise I would never have wrenched myself away from them to come and live here at the bottom of the world in the UnHeard Of paradise.

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! They probably thought you were going to ask them for money, or to find out if they were about to make you well off by kicking the bucket. They'd talk to you quick as a flash if you became a Hut Manager. Having a proper job would help. Hotboy  

~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i for one am glad that you're blogging. as usual, your self-flagellation has made me feel better about myself.  

~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and my daughter likes falling sand and i also stole the fallen art. loved it thanks.  

~

Blogger Dinma said...

Yhey probably thought you had some other intentions calling them.Pls don't quit blogging.It's a whole lot of fun.  

~

Blogger zomba said...

I say!

Your aunt and your mother are obviously covering up for the fact that they are enthralled by the play from the Gabba, and thereby glued to their television screens.

In other words, they don't want you to realise that they are closet cricket fans. It happens.

From your vantage point in the UnHeard Of Islands, perhaps you might comment on Ricky's decision not to enforce the follow-on?

MM III  

~

Blogger zomba said...

I say Ray Ray!

Have you ever been ban ban-ned?

MM III  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

MM - I have forwarded your question about Ricky and the Gabba to Spud's mum. I know nothing about crouquet, but if that's shiny leather ball in Ray Ray's hand, I think he may be a spin bowler.  

~

Blogger zomba said...

I say!

I think that Ray Ray may be tampering with that ball!

MM III  

~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wouldn't be the first time i've been accused w/ ball tampering.  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page