open text

18 January 2006 at 10:16

production line

What a week! I started off a brew last Friday, and by Monday it was all ready for bottling. That's the upside of the recent weather: the yeast loves the heat, within reason. Actually, there's no real downside to the weather, now that I come to think of it. That can't possibly be right - everything has to balance up, I'm a Taoist after all.

So anyway, after I bottled the whole brew on Monday, I thought - I've got all the equipment out anyway, why not just start another barrel brewing right away? So that's what I did, and by this Saturday I should be filling another 70 bottles with Canadian Blonde, a beer I haven't tried before. This will swell my stash to about 250 bottles, enough to see me through till the next holidays, even after wastage by penguins.

Normally I drink one bottle of beer a day, in the late afternoon. Never enough to get feel any effect. It's just part of my weight-gain program. People say it can't be good for you to drink every day. I won't say I've never suffered any ill-effects, but I when I recently took three whole days off drinking, I suffered (if that's the word) reverse brewer's droop.

I can't think of a new name for the latest brew, so I may just call it "No. 10". Or "# 10" in America. I am in negotiation with hotboy over a possible licensing deal for Southern Hemisphere rights to the Wifebeater brand name. If we reach an agreement, I'll use the name for a wheat beer.



I've just thought of a downside to this sunny weather. My esteemed Northern Hemisphere readers get pissed off hearing about it while they're freezing up there. You see? Everything does balance up after all.

Blogger Hotboy said...

When I was in Australia, and used to see the British weather forecast during January, I used to exult: Let them have it! Let them have it. 3 degrees indeed. Hope this helps. Hotboy  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! The Wifebeater is what the marines call Stella Artois. From the story about them battering each other naked while pissed ... initiations? So just rip the name off. I did. Hope this helps! Hotboy  

~

Blogger Heather said...

What about Yeasty Beasty. Its got a quaint little ditty about it - and betcha its ORIGINAL!

Canadian Blonde? What about calling it Pam?

H  

~

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Wifebeater brew...nice!  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

HB - it does indeed help. And so does that.

Hethare - Do I have your permission to use those names for the No. 10 and the Canadian respectively? Thanks.

Carsey - what does he do with it?

LA - tasteful, eh?  

~

Blogger Heather said...

Permission Granted.

And I prefer "A Beer Named Pam" over "Pam".

Cheers!

H  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page