open text

07 March 2006 at 16:17

good old number 8

My poor friends in Scotland have been suffering snowstorms, and wondering whether their winter is ever going to end. But everything balances up: here on the UnHeard Of Islands, we're wondering: "when is this summer ever going to end?" I've just taken the dog for her morning walk, and even though it's officially autumn now, today's forecast is for sun and 27° Celsius.



So after I have breakfast at the cafe in the village, I'll be spending another day with no clothes on, blogging and listening to music, whiling away the time until happy hour at 4 p.m.



At last I've rediscovered the taste for beer, here's how it happened. The throat virus had ruined my sense of taste, so food tastes of nothing much. But of course everything balances up - so yesterday afternoon, when I opened a bottle of Number 8 brew (my favourite brew of the 10 I have made so far), it tasted twice as good as I remember. And the second bottle was even better than that. I stopped after 3, to avoid the risk of feeling any effects.

Tomorrow I'll take a selection of bottles with me to work, from brews 7, 9 and 10. I'll distribute them to a couple of colleagues who, like me, prefer taste to effect. I'm not sure if I like them enough to give them any of Number 8.

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! That old guy's showed up again! I thought you'd got rid of him! Liked the spinning thing. Stared at it then I had a fit. Fantastic! You'll clean up! Glad to help. Hotboy  

~

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Love that picture.
I just wanted to say thank you. You are always so kind and sweet.
Thank you for the encouragement.

Big hug for you and Hotboy!  

~

Blogger zomba said...

I say Robmcj!

Don't scrimp on the Number 8 brew, is my advice.

Little Stevie Wonder is one of Doviko's favourites, from my collection of CDs. He appears less enamoured with my Papa Nez albums (Michael Nesmith), though I imagine that the imagery of Tumbling Tumbleweeds in the Texas desert is not very relevant hereabouts.

Here's a quiz for you and anyone else who may read this.

Who said: "I am afraid the war will end very soon now, but I suppose all good things come to an end sooner or later, so we musn't grumble."

MM III  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! Put on my first home brew for years and years. Burton Bridge Bitter. The man said it would make beer that was 5.16%, almost the same as the Wife Beater! Would like 3% so I could drink tons after being out running. What do you advise? Add more water? Blitzkreig it? How do you make beer with no beer in it? It would help if you could post about this. Hotboy  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! Put on my first home brew for years and years. Burton Bridge Bitter. The man said it would make beer that was 5.16%, almost the same as the Wife Beater! Would like 3% so I could drink tons after being out running. What do you advise? Add more water? Blitzkreig it? How do you make beer with no beer in it? It would help if you could post about this. Hotboy  

~

Blogger The Rambling Taoist said...

It just goes to show that there is a weird sort of balance at work in this universe. Scotland has piles of snow, you have unlimited sunshine and we, here in Western Washington, are being inundated with copious amounts of rain. As soon as we each get use to our climatic circumstances, they will each change.  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

HB - halve the sugar.

LA, Rambling T., MM III etc - due to RSI I'm economising on typing for now. Thanks for calling in.  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page