open text

21 January 2007 at 16:38

time-saver for book lovers

Do you like the idea of reading books, but you never have the time? Thanks to Book-a-minute Classics web site, you can read entire books in just one minute.

For example, the ultra-condensed version of The Catcher In the Rye:

Angst angst angst swear curse swear crazy crazy angst swear curse, society sucks, and I'm a stupid jerk.

THE END



And Don Quixote is like this:

Don Quixote: Chivalry demands I destroy that evil thing.

Sancho Panza: No, master. It is something ordinary and harmless.

Don Quixote: (falls down)

THE END



They've got the condensed version of Alma Mater, the best known of all the John McKenzie novels:

Jimmy: This universi'y is makin me fuckin' angry, hen! (coughs).

Liz: I know. (falls down) Let's stay together to see who drinks themselves to death first.

Jimmy: Right, ah'll see yiz in the pub the night.

Andrew: I say! Nobody loves me!

Vinnie: 'At's cos yur a Bourgeois basturn and ye dinnae drink enough!

THE END

Sources acknowledged.

Blogger zomba said...

I say!

Catcher In the Rye, Don Quixote, and Alma Mater. That's literature taken care of, then.

MM III  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! As a joe with no axe to grind, I must say that Catcher in the Rye and Don Quixote are vastly inferior to Alma Mater which is a compelling page turner according to the fifth or sixth person I know who's read it! Hope this helps. Hotboy  

~

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Three novels in one day...whew, that is the most I have read in a long time...thanks!  

~

Blogger keda said...

oh thank you... i'd only managed to read 2 pages of alma mater so far before having to deal with various sick and falling out of bedlets and other annoyances.. and i was feeling rather guilty.

job done and dusted now. kinda how i did shakespeare at school 1st time round :) marvelous.  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Keda: How odd! You win a cup if you can read that all the way through. I couldn't. Hotboy p.s. the one who looked like the young Peter O'Toole was me!  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page