open text

21 June 2005 at 13:35

icy draught

I've been scooped! For the past week I have been holding back the publishing of something that I wrote about back pain. The only reason I held it up was that it happens to contain revelations that could easily have embarrassed my friend hotboy at a time when he was trying to impress a beautiful and semi-famous violinist1.

What thanks do I get for my journalistic sensitivity? My so-called friend tipped off his writer mate about my upcoming scoop, so on Thursday, June 16th, 2005 Barry Graham posted a superficially similar item about his own back injury, sustained in 1992 when he and my friend "polished off the last of the wine, then headed out into the freezing darkness" whereupon Barry slipped on the ice and hurt his back.

He could have blogged this any time in the last 13 years, are we to believe that timing it to scoop me was just another of hotboy's "coincidences"? Is there no honour amongst bloggers? Tomorrow I'll publish and they'll be damned.

1- I even gave my friend a 6-pack of my best brew to share with the young lady.



The latest batch of home-made beer is an absolute ripper. I need to think of a name for the brew, "Pelican's Peculiar" doesn't do it justice. I had one pint last night, and began hallucinating. First I could have sworn the neighbour's dog was barking my name, then as I was falling asleep there was a battering on the window, and a scream from the living room.

I got up for a look out the window and around the house, but there was nothing there. It was just like the old days.

Blogger Hotboy said...

Mayhap the sore back was not helped by the third reich. Then the series of lederhosen frauleins goosestepping hither and yon about the islands can't have helped either! Thank god for serial celibacy! Hotboy  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page