open text

09 June 2005 at 13:41

ralwin's postulate

Several readers of this blog have asked for more information about the work of Nobis Ralwin, the German semiotician who died earlier this year. In its simplest form, Ralwin's Postulate maintains that we construct a model of ourselves and place it within the model of the world.

Some key Ralwinian themes (and an intellectual joke):

Sadly, what would have been Ralwin's definitive work in this area, "Models Of Self Disclosure" was unfinished at the time of his death, but his collaborators at the McDonald Institute and elsewhere are continuing his work.

Blogger Hotboy said...

How does Ralwin deal with Brian Wilson? Is he really there or do I just think he's there. Also, is it happening the way I think it's happening, or it is just happening that way to me? If I've got who I am wrong, can I have anything right? Hotboy.  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

If Ralwin was still here I suppose he'd explain it to us.  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page