open text

12 June 2005 at 08:01

loving everybody

Cass said yesterday "there aren't many people I don't like," and I reflected how different she and I are.

One of the few people I like is Bill Howie, last seen in Sydney, who has farewelled his Spanish tormentor of 10 years, and taken up with a series of Indian princesses. He's now seeing a Serbian with a Ph.D. (ahem).

Bill is the sort of person who talks to strangers in the street, in shops, on trains, anywhere, which is probably why he has friends everywhere and is rarely without a woman. I have two and a half friends, which is still more than I can handle, at least in the real world1.

In blogland however, I need all the friends I can get. The blog of my cave-dwelling friend at RaBlissBlog, who dislikes company even more than I do, gets more than twice as many hits as mine. It doesn't seem fair, and I've decided to do something about it. I'll be giving this blog a corporate face-lift before mounting a recruitment drive. You wait and see.


1 - But I happen to have the best woman in the world, for me at any rate, and I 'm not just saying that in case she reads this blog.

Blogger Hotboy said...

If you told folk the McDonald Islands was where the hamburger trees grew, lots of ignorant supersized bloggers from Tennessee might blog by. Hotboy
p.s. I stuck my blog into blog directories as advised by Brian Wilson. Not one person who gets ra bliss has contacted me!!!  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Does the best woman in the world have a nazi uniform by any chance? Hotboy  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

good idea, except that I'd then have the corporate lawyers on my case. I'm already negotiating a settlement with the people from the Open Text software corporation, and now I'll have Graham's Tennessee lawyers after me for publishing your libel. Thanks a lot.  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Maybe advertising the blog in cross-dressing magazines might help. Also, flyposting "cross dressing nazi memorabilia blog" on bus stops might be good! Hotboy  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

I was thinking of going out to bars dressed as a woman, but it wouldn't be much fun since I'd be too shy to talk to anyone. Bill Howie is one lucky crossdresser. Gift of the gab! Do you think if I dressed really tarty, it wouldn't matter that I'm shy? Hotboy  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Don't worry, THEY would talk to YOU. Haven't you watched any episodes of Little Britain? But I do recommend that you lose the beard first unless you're looking for a job in the circus. Hope this helps.

PS thanks for the tips on blog promotion, I'll acknowledge you in the adverts.  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page