open text

17 October 2005 at 09:25

this might help

A native Flatheid runner has arrived with a message from the local buddhist hermit. The hermit lives in this temple on Flat Island.

It seems he wants urgent advice about whether eccentricity can help someone like him, in the same way it helped me.




There is some good advice about using eccentricity in your life, on this forum.

Here are the strategies that I am testing myself this week, before I can recommend them to beginners:

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! Great temple! Great tips on eccentricity boostings. Particularly liked the pointing hairdryer from the parked car. Good way to commit suicide in some places, I should think. But this post has helped a lot! Hotboy  

~

Blogger zomba said...

My lifelong habit of toasting the Queen on a Sunday, after luncheon, has occasionally been commented upon. Hardly eccentric, though.

MM III  

~

Blogger Lee Ann said...

I love those strategies! Very helpful. That picture is beautiful, what is that from?  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Eric - that's true. I was getting carried away. This person is way out of my league, and I'm not sure which term applies. Can you help?

MM - I always stand for God Save The Queen. Not that it's ever played on these islands. They can't even remember the words to their own national anthem.

HB - glad I was able to help.

LA - I had forgotten where I found the pic, but I have tracked it down to this blog, belonging to a young person who seems a little unhappy and perhaps socially isolated. In a fit of social concern, I left some (I hope) encouraging comments there. When I was younger I could have done with some encouragement, but I had to make do with hotboy's suggestions. His/her blog has some lovely photos, mostly by other people. Let me know what you think.  

~

Blogger Lee Ann said...

You are right! Those are some fabulous pictures. Also, you are a very kind person.  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page