open text

15 October 2005 at 07:33

delicious

Over at Cabbage Bliss, they are appealing for recipes, for a new book of postmodern recipes.

Here is a recipe they can use:

Take one large cabbage, shred it and stuff it in a large glass jar. Add 5 teaspoons of salt. Fill to the brim with water. Put on the lid, and store somewhere cool and dark for 3 weeks, while the natural fermentation happens.

After 3 weeks. Voila! Sauerkraut:



Warning - don't do what I did. I put the jar somewhere warm, to speed up the pickling process, but that encourages growth of the wrong kind of bacteria. I've had 20 years of flatulence as a result. Once those bugs get into your system, they never leave.

Mind you, for an antisocial basturn like hotboy, that could be a plus, a help in repelling flatheids. Everything balances up in the end.



Serving suggestion: sauerkraut with pig-blood sausage

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Mary - you can use any words you like here, except "Bush", a true obscenity.

Eric - the anus. Why didn't I think of that? German food will never taste the same again.  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Dear Eileen. Sorry for the mix-up, things have been a bit busy here recently.

The place I would recommend starting is here, where the latest paper is summarised (very briefly). There is also a overview of his main contribution to the discourse.

Let me know if this doesn't help, and we can work something out.

Best regards, Rob McJay.  

~

Blogger zomba said...

Wonderful news that Ralwin's Postulate is finally being picked up by the mainstream.

MM III  

~

Blogger Heather said...

Now that you have mastered the art of saurkraut, I can teach you the secret of kimchi. That Korean delight that adds a dash of fish sauce and alot of cayenne to the fold to make a distinctly unique taste. The blood sausage part is not part of my food vocab...and I can only imagine the lovely aroma that accompanies it...  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Heather. Good news - a colleague at the McDonald Institute is researching the possibility of virtual smell reality, so a downloadable fart may not be far away.

MM - I agree with you completely. His years of work are finally getting recognition. What a pity he didn't live to see it.  

~

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Rob, I am sorry to say that looks disgusting! I can handle a little bit of sauerkraut, but(t)not that other thing! eeewwwwhhhh! I don't even like regular sausage.  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page