open text

03 April 2006 at 12:44

the unheard scream

Now I know what I want for my birthday. A screambody, a "wearable space for screaming".

When a user needs to scream but it is just not socially acceptable, they can scream into this soundproof backback. And the Screambody records the scream so you can take it home with you and release it safely where nobody will object.

It's a bit expensive to buy, but cheaper and healthier than using drugs, and easier than meditation.







There's also a video (or Quicktime version for faster download).

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! The scream idea is a great one! Why didn't I think of that? But it's made me confident that I'll be able to sell loads of the Beer Monster Reduction Vehicle - Power it YOurself!- pretty soon. Also, all that silent screaming (the way of the petty bourgeois!)can't be good for you. Much easier than meditating, but ... and this might not be helpful ... where does ra bliss come in? Hotboy  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Agreed, but in 1989 the Samye Ling folk realised that they would have preferred silent screaming. Ask them.  

~

Blogger Lee Ann said...

That screambody is a cool idea. I haven't screamed in so long (well, except for the time when someone snuck up on me and scared me half to death).
When is your birthday Rob?  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

LA - thanks for asking about my birthday.  

~

Blogger zomba said...

I say!

I thought that the termites had got into the dish, as that video took ages to load, but it played eventually.

No real need for it hereabouts. Screaming is perfectly acceptable for musungus.

So - it was YOU in the next door cell in Eskdalemuir in the early-to-mid eighties.

MM III  

~

Blogger zomba said...

I say, Mr RobMcj!

I found this extraordinary snap, not one of my own of course, of a truck in Pakistan, and thought you might appreciate it:

http://www.reiseblogger.de/motorradnomaden/images/pakistantruck.JPG.

MM III  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page