open text

07 May 2006 at 13:18

monitoring stats

Looking at my stats, I see that someone from Glasgow has followed a link from a keda post (thanks keda) to my place, and he/she landed on my pantaclava page, then spent nearly an hour reading my archives. Statcounter lists exactly which pages they read. Who says nobody ever reads archives?

On the subject of Scotland, I enjoyed reading alastair's heart monitor. What a good blog! Variety. Plenty of pics. And, it's written by a Scots guy who's recovering in hospital from heart surgery. And he's younger than me. Yippee!

It's not schadenfreude (meaning: : (German) delight in another person's misfortune), but there is some reassurance in realising I'm old enough for a dodgy heart yet my heart's in great shape. That makes up for getting cancer at age 30, when I was really far too young for cancer. Everything balances up in the end. What a fortunate creature I am!

How do I know he's younger than me? A picture on his site shows he got his school prize in 1971, by which time I was already at university, falling in with bad company.

But I think he must have photoshopped a joke name into the image. If his name's really McSporran, then mine's McClochendichter.



Blogger keda said...

yay great blog! loved all his football stuff! but as we cant comment no way to let him know.

thanks for the tip babe.  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! Looking at the stats from Blogpatrol was the most useless, time wasting and enjoyable thing I did. Now it won't accept my ID, and it's the automatic one it shows. Haven't had the same fun with StatsCounter, but I get more hits with that. Their page loads, unique visitors, etc don't add up. Since I stopped believing in things, of course I stopped understanding them. How can someone visit for zero seconds? I had your mother up cutting the grass on the allotment paths today. She's really looking forward to the trip to Italy. She might become a catholic, she says, because of the Nazi Papa getting in. It's not going to help, is it? Hotboy  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

keda - yes, there's not even an email so maybe he doesn't care about feedback? What a waste!

HB - yes, like you I stopped trying to reconcile the various stats. IT has progressed to the stage where computers can't even add up. Thanks for all the work you're putting in on the old dear.  

~

Blogger Lee Ann said...

I like that you always say that everything balances out in the end.
I think of you often wondering how you are with the cancer. I hope things are very well for you.
Is that your name, McSporran or McClochendichter?  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! Is it really possible to change the name on that photie? If so, it's a big help. How can anyone believe in anything after that? Hotboy  

~

Blogger almax said...

Thankyou for the kind comments about my blog.

The reason that it's closed to comments is that in the beginning I got a few abusive comments, including one death threat !!

I couldn't handle that since the reason for the blog is just as some therapy to help me get over the heart surgery. Obviously it's just a laugh for me and my pals.

My name is correctly shown on the photo you used !!!!

Have a look at
http://blogsearch.google.com/blogsearch?hl=en&q=mcsporran&btnG=Search+Blogs

there are hundreds of us !!

So, how do I address you - robmcj or McClochendichter?

Best wishes

alastair  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page