open text

21 April 2006 at 14:15

cakes and ale

Every year, skinheads all over Europe celebrate my birthday with marches or riots. Yesterday was my birthday (thanks for the song, Lee Ann, and the wishes from Menzies), so they were at it again. Why?

When I was young, my mother would bake cakes for my birthday, bless her.



I hate drinking real beer. I love the taste, but I hate the alcohol. Excessive happiness and then hangover. Yesterday I was forced to open a bottle of Beez Neez Honey Wheat Beer. I got it as a present, so I had to drink it. A smooth honey taste, but lacking in bitterness, and not a patch on the genuine German wheat beer. It was way too easy to drink, and the alcohol interfered with my sleep last night. Thank goodness I still have over 100 bottles of alcohol-free home brew to fall back on. Not literally, obviously.



This is always a busy time of year for me. Last weekend was the 12th anniversary of meeting my beloved partner. She and I often use this date as an excuse to review the preceding year, and brainstorm some ways to make the next year better. At various times this year, each of us has been through occasional "difficult" spells. As one does.

To make the next year better, my partner came up with this magic formula for happiness:

"When I'm feeling bad, all you need to do is pay some attention to me.

And when you're feeling bad, all you need to do is pay some attention to me." ©

It's so simple! I'll let you know if I give it a try.

PS - looking into my stats for yesterday, I see somebody went to the trouble of translating my page into Spanish. Also, I'm still getting about 40 extra hits per day from an old tattoo picture I posted last year. And repeated hits are coming from one of MM's old comments that contained a link to a rabbit bestialising a chicken. Well done MM!

Sources acknowledged.

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Sorry about the brew making you feel good...then bad!
That is awesome that someone made your blog Spanish! So cool.
Hope you have a super weekend Rob.  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! My stay in the lonely financial zone will cease now that you have posted a photie of your mum at last. I'll sneak up on her and it her over the head for ten percent off the top of the inheritables. That's got to help! Hotboy  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Your partner's recipe for happiness is superb!We should all be like that! Resist having it tattooed on you however, if I were you. In fact,toughen up, Adolf! Get on the jackboots. It's dog eat dog. Yeah, give in. You don't stand a chance. Resistance is futile. Lie prone. That might not help, but it could be relaxing. Hotboy  

~

Blogger keda said...

i am now 100% confusion in a skirt.

why would anyone translate you intospanish fer gawds sake????

hitler????

help i must be tireder than i thought.

happy birthday darlin. and well done on 12 years, with a formula like that you will be sited in the textbooks as the only couple to make it past the 00's without seperating*  

~

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hehe, did you like my singing?
Let me know if your partner's formula works!  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page