open text

02 July 2006 at 07:57

world teams

Even their desperate last-minute dive in the penalty area couldn't save Brazil. France are having a recurrence of their 1998 (and 1982) form, with a team composed of old hands and new blood, and skins of various colours. Is it my imagination, or are the best teams (like France and Australia) multi-ethnic or multi-national? Even Germany has Poles and Slavs and a Ghanian. Contrast that with the white-bread English team, now out of the running. Vive la multiculturalisme! I probably don't actually know what I'm talking about here, but since when did that matter?

Now two surly latin drama queen teams are out of the competition. What a fortunate creature I am! One more to go.

Germany-France for the final, surely?

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! So glad you got over all that aryan nonsense! I suppose eons as a fruit fly after 1945 in the most malodorous toilet in the galaxy would purge you of almost anything. Still, Le Pen said the frogs couldn't empathise with that team because of the black and brown joes in it. Dearie me. They'll win it if they play like tonight. Vive le difference! Or helpful words like that! Hotboy  

~

Blogger zomba said...

I say old bean. You don't happen to know where I am, do you?

MM III  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

MM - if 'Doordepurt' is another typo, like with the Potowani wild goose chase, I can't help you. Have you tried asking a policeman?  

~

Blogger WDKY said...

I feel too sick even to respond. It's all down to that prat Svenis.

Oh well, the domestic season starts soon, and my new season ticket's arrived. Life will be good again...  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

WDKY! Couldn't agree more! If he's played Rooney and Crouch and dropped Lampard, they'd have beaten anyone as long as Beckham stayed on the park! Complete waste of talent! £4 million a year for that? Dearie me!  

~

Blogger WDKY said...

Absolutely. But also...

1) Taking Walcott instead of Defoe, and the not even paying him. Not even as sub for 5 minutes, leaving us with a real problem up font. Grrrrr!

2) Playing Hargreaves instead of Carrick, when every single pundit, commentator, and player/manager not involved thought it was lunacy.

I really am sick as a parrot!  

~

Blogger keda said...

sod ya.

it was multibloody culturalism that led to the f*ckin turnip manager we ended up with.

and the st perin and all the other cornish tartans rock. as they always have mr f*ckin impertialist himself.
i grew up with little old men wandering around in january in kilts. and i still love it. so stick that in your stinky sporran 'n smoke it.

tablecloth your arse.

normal niceness will be resumed when the rage subsides...  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I say! I haven't the foggiest what you chaps are on about, but it sounds convincing and it ramps up my comment count. I didn't even realise Turkey were in the tournament. Next thing you'll be telling me they have tablecloths there too.  

~

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hello!  

~

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Why do you think I am acting strangely Rob?
I have been going through some tough times lately. I am working things out, hopefully. Hope you will keep visiting! I still love you guys.  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page