open text

22 August 2006 at 07:38

more facts about scotland

If you want to understand the detailed metaphysics of a chair, or how to stand on your head while rolling your eyes inside your skull, hotboy's your man. But to know the real Scotland, you have to ask a tourist.

At What's New PussCat?, a blog written by an Australian visitor to Scotland, I discovered that loutish behaviour, which was the birthright of Scots males when I used to live there, is now an equal-opportunity activity. They're calling it "ladette culture".


The blog also tells you more than you probably want to know about Scottish food and Meat Products. Enjoy.



Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! As you might know, I've got the food thing cracked. Home made bread and soup, with a beer supplement! What more can a body ask for? Tins? No tins and no dead animal dishes, please! Hotboy p.s. Scottish folk used to eat nothing but oats!  

~

Blogger zomba said...

I say!

You are probably remembering when this sort of thing happened everyday at opening time.

MM III  

~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum yum - it all looks mighty tasty to me. I won't hear a word against good old plain Scots fare.
Did I mention that I had a heart by-pass earlier in the year?  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

alastair - pay hotboy to cook you his allotment soup, and you'll live forever. That'll be 10% off the top, HB.

MM - can you find a pic of the ladette version?  

~

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Oh my gosh, what are those foods or food substitutes I should say?
yuck!  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page