open text

22 June 2005 at 07:12

news in brief

The back pain feature has been held over again, while I focus on final testing of the new blog design.

My ethical advisor has suggested I apologise for upsetting anyone, which I do unreservedly.

This blog has received 409 visitors and 670 visits or 'hits.' I hate to point this out, but this means that an overwhelming majority of visitors visit only once. But can anyone explain the marked spike in visitors on Thursday 16th?

The blog item on that day was redeployed or unemployed, which mentions Hospitality For Dummies and Spirituality for Dummies, so if that was the reason, this item should attract another visitor spike since I've just mentioned them again. This is exciting.

The competition to name the new beer is hotting up. While entries are still pouring in, the front-runners so far are:

Blues Healer - marketing colleagues tell me this will be popular with young things at the Club 18-30.

Rough Draught - this should appeal more to thirsty workers at the dolphin cannery, as well as postmodern staff at the McDonald Institute.

I can't send you a bottle over the internet, but you can still experience the essence of the new brew by casting your eye over this artwork from the label.



More artwork here

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf, I got a big spike that day as well. Spiritual-happiness.com might be the reason. Janis Sharon (or Sharon Janis) wrote Spirituality for Dummies and maybe they came from that site. Hope this helps. Hotboy
P.S. I'm still not drinking, but a good name for a beer might be
Solitary Realising Foe Destroyer. I think that's a good name of everything!
PPS Sorry your romance didn't work out!  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

You're right, Janis's singing was pretty spiritual, a tragedy she died so young.

Thanks for suggesting Solitary Realising Foe Destroyer as a name, but the marketing gurus tell me it hasn't got legs, whatever that means. I'd have thought leglessness would be an advantage in a beer. We'll probably go with your Blues Healer idea.

Re the failed romance - GrannyMcj used to say: never run after a bus or a woman, take a taxi. What did she mean?  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page