open text

13 September 2005 at 13:21

la salle a mange

Every Saturday morning for the last few years, there are 4 of us who take our 2 dogs for a brisk walk around the bay. It takes about an hour and everyone enjoys it.







I'm not one to bitch or complain. But. A few weeks ago, it was suggested that we mess with the formula, and change the route, to go past the Dog Cafe.

Now, the dog cafe is a nice idea until you think it through. cafe bonesSure, you sip Cappuccino in the sun, and you can buy your dogs a Pupaccino, a drink made with liquified liver or something. But some days there are about 50 dogs at the cafe, and the only way the humans can relax and chat, is by trying to ignore the yelps, growls and dogfights around their ankles.

I don't enjoy drinking my coffee in the middle of a dog circus. In fact I'd rather drink green tea somewhere sane. But I'm always flexible and accommodating, so I go along with the majority, and we start this new Saturday routine, ending with a coffee at the dog cafe.

Well I should have remembered - every time I ignore my gut instinct and go along with others, it all goes wrong.

My dog is now infected with canine scabies, a.k.a. mange, from one of the other dogs there. She used to be the most beautiful dog, now suddenly she's a threadbare fleabag. The treatment takes ages and costs hundreds.

mange
Let that be a lesson to me - I should stop being so accommodating; I need to remember that what's best for me is also best for my dog. What do you think?

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! The Pet Bereavement Counselling Service with a straight spirit guide to the Happy Hunting Ground .... do you think it would go down with dog owners? I know budgie owners would go for it! As my agent in the Southern Hemisphere, you may be asked to hand out flyers to folk in the cafe with old dogs. You could also sneak something into the Pupaccino to help business along! Hoping to get rich quick! Hotboy  

~

Blogger zomba said...

Recommend a dab of gentian violet. Don't drink too much of it though - look what it did to Hotboy.  

~

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Oh my goodness! Poor puppy. I hope he is better soon.  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

HB - good idea. Diversify our portfolio of interests. Could you take care of formulating the Puppacino additive? I'm sending you a pound to cover my share of the ingredients.

MM - is that what they put in pink gin? I've heard that's Hotboy's favourite tipple.

LA - thanks, it'll clear up eventually, so long as I pay the vet bills, and if I can keep hotboy away from the feed bowl.  

~

Blogger Currently Alec McClochendichter said...

This is getting interesting.  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page