open text

11 September 2005 at 15:09

what my friends did on their holidays

When I said that I only have 2 friends in the southern hemisphere, it wasn't true. I have 2 and a half.

But in the northern hemisphere, I have many dear friends I have known since I was very young. None of them are conventional people. Thank goodness.

Seb, seen below wearing a mask, once spent a whole vacation at a government centre where they do research on the common cold virus. The deal was: they infect you with the virus, then all you do is spend a week in a room watching TV and reading books, while they measure your temperature, etc.. I don't think he even got paid for it, except for free Kleenex.



Another friend once checked himself into a pharmaceutical testing centre where they paid him good money to let them test new drugs on him. After 2 weeks swallowing pills and being injected with various cocktails, he had earned enough money to buy heaps more drugs.

He had found his calling. He became a freelance drug tester, publishing the long-term findings in the form of cryptic buddhist writings.

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! I didn't know you were on first name terms with a wrathful deity, for this is he! Hope this helps. Hotboy  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

This idea of linking to yourself have completely enthused me. All I have to do is read the posts or ... how meticulous. You're a German blogger. I'm a Russian. c.f. Prince Kropotkin and how they left Moscow for the country dachas! Hope this helps, but you've got to have read Kropotkin's autobiography, so it probably won't!  

~

Blogger zomba said...

I say old bean - one shouldn't mess around with the old juju masks. Keep them on the wall, next to the kudu horns. Scares the devil out of any potential criminals.

MM III  

~

Blogger Lee Ann said...

That mask is scary! Your friends had pretty bold job opportunities!  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Yes, since I posted the mask picture, my life has fallen apart here, with expensive visits to the doctor and dentist, and now the dog's got mange so that means a trip to the vet and another bill.

I may have to remove the photo, and hope that the juju's reversible.

I never realised blogging would be so dangerous and expensive.  

~

Blogger zomba said...

I get Doviko to take the dogs to be dipped once a week. Recommend it. They'd be covered in ticks otherwise.

Casper was once chasing a criminal from the garden when he felt the need to stop and scratch the ticks on his side.

"A dip a week keeps the ticks away" is what I say.

MM III  

~

Blogger zomba said...

here's a rather biger mask for you.

MM III  

~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

square d electrical catalog
bank card first premier
aid cheap first kit
bamboo window shade
gas heater hot tankless water

tp://water-bed.klooi.info/water-bed-mattress-pad.html>water bed mattress pad

ge refri
gerator water filter

cooler water
imperial las nevada palace vegas
imperial palace hotel in las vegas


>rosetta stone translation

barely there bikini
cost of hearing aids
copier equipment sharp
sharp 32 lcd tv
classical guitar scale
gs 5 pay scale
vintage chenille bed spread
700w palm smartphone treo

ooking-school.gug4y.info/chicago-cooking-schools.html>chicago cooking schools
 

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page