open text

10 November 2005 at 14:03

HNT 4

I think I'm getting the hang of this HNT scheme. The people who get the most comments are careful to use tasteful self-exposure. My previous efforts have been too far ahead of their time. I may have to wait till after my death before my work with the bananas is more widely recognised.

This week I've put vaseline on the lens to ensure good taste. Apart from the soft-focus effect, this holiday snap, from my ukulele tour of Greece, is not photoshopped. All my HNTs are clickable, so if you're feeling adventurous, you can click through to see the surrounding beach.











HNT Guidelines
45113638_202b79dc11


If you're thinking of hitting the Flag button, like someone did last week, I invite you to leave a comment instead, that way I'll know what you think, and we can work something out.

If this week turns out badly, this may have to be my last HNT entry. Self-exposure has brought me a new audience, but also trouble, what with the religious jammers and the moral police complaints to Blogger. I might have to go back to what I do best, whatever that may be.

Blogger Beth said...

Holy God. Forget the gee-tar. That's just edible!  

~

Blogger Osbasso said...

Sorry I missed you the first time around. Welcome to HNT! You're officially on the Nekkid roll now!  

~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a great pic. less fruity lol but still a great pic. you look um ... relaxed.

Happy HNT  

~

Blogger tokitikki said...

hi there. just to let you know - those people who are jerks can just piss off. if it's blogger thats allowing 'flagging', you could always check out blogdrive.com - I never had any problems with them.

as it is, happy hnt, great picture!  

~

Blogger lime said...

VERY nice! may i strum along? happy HNT!  

~

Blogger Chickie said...

Nice photo. And of course, I had to go check out the banana one. Love it too!  

~

Blogger Jaxe said...

My friend, that is pure Genius! I mean, I haven't seen a ukelele worked so well since Don Ho! ;-) happy hnt  

~

Blogger Blondie... said...

Oh man...
This is a freaking awesome picture. I appreciate the classic guitar a lot more. Here...hand it to me and teach me! hehe

;-) Happy HNT!  

~

Blogger Andi said...

If there was an award for best ukelele placement you'd win it by a mile!  

~

Blogger Joel said...

Well Well Well! nice neck! Cool pic. Happy HNT! And I like the previous week too...somehow missed it i guess  

~

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Rob, I see Osbasso stopped by to see you! YAY!
That is a nice pic! I like this one better, more mysterious! Happy HNT!  

~

Blogger Jayne said...

Great photo! I agree, slightly mysterious is always well received. . . I haven't seen your other pics yet but will right now! Happy HNT!  

~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the pic was cool. I'm sorry you got flagged...people can be so crude.  

~

Blogger Logophile said...

oooooooh,
you really need to pick that up and play it,
Happy HNT!  

~

Blogger Margaret said...

great pic... :)

peace...  

~

Blogger Tess said...

It's great. I like a man ahead of his time.

Happy HNT!  

~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

here is the link to my HNT :) it's under the title "thursday memes", actually:

click.  

~

Blogger BabySnakes said...

eeeeee, hee hee  

~

Blogger Science Policy PC said...

Holy poo! Ummmmm I have to go now.  

~

Blogger kimmyk said...

I can't see anything wrong with that photo.
Nope not a thing....  

~

Blogger Spinning Girl said...

Wow, very artistic. Lovely, really. Happy HNT!  

~

Blogger Mara said...

Holy Mother of God.. I'm LOVIN that pic! Happy HNT  

~

Blogger Tish said...

Oh my!! I've never wanted to strum a ukelele so much in my life! I'll be coming back to your page often. Happy HNT! :)  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Brownshirted amazons please!! Zeig! Why are you posting these nudie photies of yourself? I'll tell your mother. I will. Hotboy  

~

Blogger Benjamin said...

really cool picture. Happy HNT!  

~

Blogger Lelly said...

nice...err..ukulele...but too much vaseline!:-)  

~

Blogger Shauna said...

Someone flagged you on HNT day?

Grr. I hate that thing. I have the code to nix the whole blogger bar if you're interested I can certainly dig it up.

Cheers! And great pic. :)

(I got a little off track when I read that you had been flagged.)  

~

Blogger Jillian said...

Soooo Yummy!!!  

~

Blogger Quiet said...

Excellent photograpy. HHNT  

~

Blogger jazz said...

you can't quit! you're good at this!  

~

Blogger Scarlet Traces said...

hee! i've just checked out the banana hnt! cool :)
i love this weeks as well!
happy hnt  

~

Blogger jazz said...

first: thanks for stopping by my 100 things

second: mint chocolate chip only has a teeny bit of chocolate so it's okay for me to love it

third: i doubt i'm as funny in real life

fourth: it took me a few hours

fifth: you love my spelling? did i not spellcheck?! damn. gotta go check that. or you gotta tell me what you meant!  

~

Blogger The Middle Child said...

Nice pic! Definitely look relaxed!  

~

Blogger Heather said...

Ah ha! So this is how you syndicate your blog. Very clever RobMcJ! And whodathunk that being nekkid was such a clever marketing tool!

wink wink

H  

~

Blogger Spinning Girl said...

Try my HNT picture again; you might see better if you click on it.  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! I've just found out what that flag thing is for. Brilliant! I think Big Bloggy Brother should be examining your blog for nazi content. I could do it just now, but too blissed to ... have they arrested your photies then? Hotboy  

~

Blogger zomba said...

I say, old bean!

Insulted a flag, have you? My advice - eat humble pie, stand to attention, and salute.

Not sure what they made of it, but that got me out of quite a fix once in Katanga, back during the troubles there. Did I ever tell you about Moise? Smart lad. Pity he had to capitulate.

MM III  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Sunday morning, the downside of getting all these comments is it'll take all morning to respond. I'll do this at each person's blog, rather than here.

But I must say here, I've met some very nice people through the HNT co-counselling service. Even more broadminded than the buddhist hermit of Flat Island.  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page