open text

29 October 2005 at 13:56

hurricane leaves its mark

Can't say much right now. We're all busy cleaning up after Sandra. Everyone here is OK, thank goodness, though there's no word from hotboy.



There have been no injuries as such, but the freak cloud formation at the centre of the hurricane has left its mark on the islanders.


Foreign TV crews, here to film the phenomenon, have taken all the rooms at the Club 18-50 at the end of the bay. But if you are old enough to check in there, you'll find these clickable photos are quite accommodating.

Sources acknowledged.

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! Fine weather round this end. Don't know what all the fuss is about! Hotboy  

~

Blogger zomba said...

I say!

Thank goodness Sandra left no permanent imprint, apart from obvious mental ones. His Holiness the Hotboy probably meditated through the entire storm withot noticing anything.

The wonders of technology never fail to amaze me. If you have a powerful enough lens you can zoom right in on that second image, and reveal this!.

Now I ask you - we know that Hotboy is a vegetesbian, so what's the explanation, Mr Robmcj?

MM III  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin! Pictures of fraulein in brownshirts, please. No more dead things, please. Hotboy  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

MM - I think if you look closely you'll find that the albatross is not dead, merely practising yoga nidra.

HB - I think you're saying you meditated right through the eye of the storm. This is impressive juju.  

~

Blogger Heather said...

How come when I read about the Unheard and MacDonald Islands they tell me they are "uninhabited, barren, sub-Antarctic islands".  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Uninhabited? Excuse me! It might seem unihabited to you, but sometimes it seems there's at least one too many joes around here. Uninhabited? Hotboy  

~

Blogger zomba said...

My Dear Heather,

I suspect the rumour that the island is uninhabited is because its all rather 'hush hush'.

However, I don't suppose that the souvenirs for tourista help to keep it much of a secret.

This, I believe, may actually be a picture of Mr Robmcj's own hut.

MM III  

~

Blogger zomba said...

As for the after-effects of Sandra, I found this interesting image of the resulting von Karmen Vortice.

MM III  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin! What a fabulous hut! I must go round there and rip it off! Hotboy  

~

Blogger zomba said...

My Dear Hotboy,

I doubt if he'd look kindly on an unscheduled visitation. However, I believe that this hut is not currently in use.

MM III  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Heather - it is as Menzies says, and the property market is white-hot. When you come, you can rent a cabin at the Club 18-50. That's what Nobis did, and it worked out rather well until he was sectioned. Don't worry, they're very flexible about the age-limit. Hotboy was barred for the headstands, not his age.

MM - I have forwarded the satellite image to Southern Hemisphere Data, and the T-shirt sales info to hotboy's shoppe.

Hotboy - remember the Falklands.  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

At last I'm getting some answers my questions here and here.

This is what happens when you let postmodernism into your life.  

~

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Gosh, I did not know you had the bad storm. I hope all is well with you!  

~

Blogger zomba said...

Dear Robmcj,

How is your security? This picture appears to show Hotboy trying to creap up on the Penguin Piss Brewery.

Do you want me to send Adbul?

MM III  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! MMII! Zeig all! Fab huts. I remember the Falklands War because I was in a tent that was getting blown apart at the time. I should have had a hut! Hotboy p.s. Thank God, Adolf can answer his own questions.  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Some people are obsessed with huts. Has nobody an opinion on the post-Sandra syndrome that's afflicting our poor island people? That's a sad commentary on our real-estate-obsessed times.  

~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there. It's been such a perfect day today. I went out surfing to check out more information on dog fight train and happened to find your site. I like your blog and thought it would help me in my journey. I was looking for info related and I was glad to see your site. I thank you and wish you a great day!  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page