open text

17 November 2005 at 02:56

HNT 5 - TUNING UP

IN PRAISE OF HNT

Last week I visited perhaps 70 Half Nekkid Thursday blogs. As well as coming across some very nice people, I noticed a few things.

  1. Liberalism. One thing I noticed was that HNTers tend to be politically, not just photographically, more liberal than average. I didn't find a single use of abusive terms or racial slurs.


  2. Support. I try to live my life as an open book, not because I want the attention, but because like many people I could do with a few less hang-ups, fewer secrets. I experience HNT blogging as a supportive environment (read the rules) for lowering my guard just a little.


  3. Creativity. Your average blogger is by definition quite creative. Blogging requires personal qualities like imagination, discipline, planning, reflection, daring, etcetera.

    Many HNTers are also creative, not just in their pictures (themes, framing, photoshop effects) but also in their personalised template designs, their colour schemes, their writing. I'm not going to single people out here, but if you want to know what I mean, try the blogroll at Osbasso's, on a Thursday (Friday here in the Indian Ocean).

    I know you might say I'm being elitist and self-congratulatory - "aren't we HNTers a clever lot?" - and now you mention it, I am. But only a couple of weeks ago I was disillusioned with the whole thing and had decided to quit HNT-ing. Don't say I'm not balanced.



THIS WEEK'S HNT




I already used this old picture once on my first HNT, but it was so carefully hidden behind a link in a story, that almost nobody found it. Happy HNT!

HNT_1

Blogger Wenchy said...

Very creative pic.

Happy HNT!  

~

Blogger Michelle said...

hmmm are those bandaids covering an owie? hehe

HHNT!!!  

~

Blogger Lee Ann said...

I do like this pic Rob!
Happy HNT!  

~

Blogger Jaxe said...

Bwahahahahahahaaaa! I remember that one... and all I can hear playing in my head is "Tiptoeeeee ... through the tuuuuulips" Awesome post Rob, happy hnt!  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! What can one say? Dearie, dearie me! Hotboy  

~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol brilliant. Yeah there are some places you just don't want sunburn  

~

Blogger Shauna said...

Glad you posted it again. It's a great (and very unique!)shot.  

~

Blogger Beth said...

LOL Very nice!

HHNT!  

~

Blogger Tammy said...

Um, there seems to be something covering the prize. Could you move that please?

Happy HNT!  

~

Blogger Blondie... said...

So those bandaids...does something hurt? You want I should kiss it and make it better?

HAHAHA, Sorry, I could NOT resist saying that. Very creative photo and yeah I agree about Bloggers. For the most part the average blogger seems to use theirs as a creative outlet on so many levels.

Happy HNT!  

~

Blogger Robin Alexa said...

Great shot!

Happy HNT.  

~

Blogger Jayne said...

I agree with the HNT blogger shout-out (and not sure who you would be pissing off, probably most of us are nodding in agreement, "yes, yes, clever and wonderful we are. . ." I'll try to pull some strings to help you with your Christian fatwa, BTW. Remind those haters about Jesus preaching love, forgiveness, tolerance, etc.

Oh and great picture! Happy HNT!  

~

Blogger *Monica said...

be careful removing the bandaids! OUCH! I love the relaxed nature of this picture. Happy HNT  

~

Blogger MamaKBear said...

Oh my! Nice um....use of band-aids! lol
Happy HNT!  

~

Blogger lecram sinun said...

Nice pic and praise! Cheers and happy HNT!  

~

Blogger Scott & Julia said...

LOL, great shot! Happy HNT!  

~

Blogger Tess said...

Thanks for your comment on my site.

I also agree that the HNTers are a creative lot. I look forward to Thursdays for that reason and for the support everyone gives one another, oh yeah, and for the boobies.

Happy HNT, Rob.  

~

Blogger .- said...

jinkies  

~

Blogger Robin said...

Nicely done. Always protect the jewels.
Happy HNT.  

~

Blogger Chickie said...

Love it! And you look so much better than Tiny Tim.  

~

Blogger Lelly said...

LOL! You are hilarious! (Now it's gotta hurt when you rip those plasters off!)
Lelly (aged 47)  

~

Blogger Hoochie Mama said...

Be careful taking that band aid off... ouch! Hehe!

Happy HNT!  

~

Blogger Spinning Girl said...

I saw it the first time, but I like coming back for seconds. HHNT!  

~

Blogger Tish said...

Very nice!! I've never wanted to rip off a bandaid so much in my life. ;)  

~

Blogger Spinning Girl said...

Hi, try my HNT again, using the click-to-reveal feature. That ain't no gadonkadonk!  

~

Blogger Quiet said...

Very nice. You look warm...qfi  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page