open text

14 May 2006 at 09:58

the mcsporran

There's a chap called Alastair McSporran who, like me, is in recovery from surgery and the trauma of living in Dumbarton. I'm not sure which is more debilitating.

Anyway, he has kindly dedicated a post to me. It concerns football, a sport until recently unknown on these islands. By a fluke, this year the UnHeard Of Islands team qualified for the World Cup, so suddenly everyone here's an expert on the sport. In Germany next month they'll emulate Scotland by getting kicked out in the first round.

Vive La France!

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! Congratulations on getting a post dedicated to you. Does it exist independently or is it part of a fence? The dog will find it a help! Hotboy  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Thanks, Extra. I've waited about a year for some positive comment on the template. And congrats on Liverpool winning the FA Cup. I used to watch Brookside, does that help?

HB - I think Extra was assuming, quite astutely, that because you're a Hibs supporter, I must be a Hearts man. But as you may know, I'll never be more than a pants man. Of course none of this will make any sense to the millions of silent U.S. readers.  

~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like how the comments work, this is actually the first time i've had firefox in a while

if the team wins, will they have to rename the island? everyone will have heard of it.  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Ray Man! Good to hear from you, I thought you might have drowned at sea.
Good point, I hadn't thought of that, there would be a constitutional crisis over renaming the country.
Fortunately, there's no chance of them winning, I'll give you any odds you like.  

~

Blogger keda said...

bugger i want firefox....

i love your template as is on safari.

congrats on the post on mcsporran. from now on i guess we should all comment oh his blog here... i promise i want him to live! he's ace*  

~

Blogger almax said...

Rob
I can't believe that most of the visitors to my blog now come via your blog - thanks for directing your readers my way. I am astonished by the interest.

I can 'invite' people to join my blog by getting Blogger to send an e-mail invitation. This will enable the making of comments on my blog. I have sent one to keda because I can see her e-mail address -if anyone else wants to join can they leave their e-mail address here.  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Alastair, I too am astonished, considering nobody much is interested in my blog. Except as a stepping stone to yours.  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page