open text

01 September 2006 at 15:43

sick leave

This post's LeeAnnesque.

Some years ago, to highlight poor spelling skills in the Australian workplace, a report was compiled, listing reasons given by employees for taking sick leave.

Classic examples included "removal of aviaries", "early stages of Parking Disease", "undescended tentacles", and "migrant headaches."

The report also listed 25 different spellings of diarrhoea.



I spent an hour weeding today. Nothing like a bit of scrambling around in the earth to lift the spirits. The pills are kicking in, and I smiled several times today. I'm looking forward to reading two great new novels on the plane, by Irvine Welsh and another Scots guy. What a fortunate creature I am!

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! I haveny been able tae spell since Ah started bloggin'. Before that, Ah wis awright. Ma avaries were in place; my headaches had migrated yonks ago; and my car didny have any Parkinsigns on it. I think I need some help with my etymologies now though. Hotboty  

~

Blogger MIA said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.  

~

Blogger MIA said...

I've been an executive manager for a pharma company for my entire career. You should see what my employees come up with. Undiscovered diseases, nooo, they can't have a simple case of gout.
great blog, thanks for checking ot mine  

~

Blogger keda said...

weeding always cheers me up.
hotboy made me chuckle out loud too.
blogging's terrible for spelling. i do it always in such a rush.. can be very embarrassing when i finally read through (after i've posted of course).

so who's the other scots guy? i'm rather partial to scots authors generally :)  

~

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Yes, you did do a post that would resemble something that I would do. Thank you Rob, you are always so sweet to me.
I think anytime I do yardwork, I feel better afterwards. Most likely because I am not doing it anymore.
Hope you have a great trip!
~xo  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

keda - John McKenzie  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page